Astronauts have been known to spend up to a year, mostly alone in confined quarters, floating above the Earth. While we are not astronauts, who are by nature highly resilient and undergo rigorous isolation training to cope with the conditions in space, many of us are starting to feel the effects of being confined to our homes, without much human interaction, during COVID-19 pandemic.
Feeling alone and sad, and not being able to cope with these feelings can lead to “cabin fever”.
✅ What is Cabin Fever?
Cabin fever describes the psychological symptoms that people may experience when they are unable to leave their home and engage in social interaction.
Traditionally, people may have had to stay indoors due to snowy or icy weather conditions or travel restrictions. Today, people around the world are experiencing cabin fever while physically isolating in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Some of the symptoms of cabin fever include stress, restlessness, impatience, being easily agitated or highly irritable, lethargy, decreased motivation, persistent sadness, low moods, having a sense of hopelessness, mistrust of people, poor concentration, poor sleep hygiene, food cravings and even weight changes.
✅ Gardening as an antidote to cabin fever
One way to stave off lockdown cabin fever is getting out into the garden, even if you've never had green fingers before. Studies in the United States and abroad have found that gardening improves your mood and increases your self-esteem. When people spend time in a garden, their anxiety levels drop and they feel less depressed.
While most Singaporean does not have an outdoor garden, we are still able to do indoor gardening. Gardening, whether indoor or outdoor, is both therapeutic and enjoyable while also creating a natural beauty wherever your plants are growing. Growing your garden indoors has a few of its own added bonuses such as fresh organic produce, air purification and attractive decor that make your gardening hobby even more worthwhile.
? GeekBite BloomBox as your smart indoor plant device
✨ What is BloomBox?
- Grow your own food easily and cleanly with smart planting technology
✅ Problems of growing plants at home
- Plants not growing well due to poor growing environment
- Dirty and troublesome
- Growth of bacterial and fungal in the soil which is unhealthy
- Longer time to grow due to lack of sunlight and nutrients
✅ How BloomBox can help you grow your own food at home
- Smart LEDs, auto switch on/off to maximise plant growth
- Automated low water reminder to remind you to water your plants
- Water based farming cleaner and easier to grow your food
- Organic coconut husks soil which is resistant to bacterial and fungus
- Accelerated indoor plant growth by up to 60% faster
✅ Why grow your own food with BloomBox?
1) Freebies bundle worth $18
- Lettuce seeds and cabbage seeds
- 2 liquid fertilizers 40g
- 2 coconut husk soil
- 1 hands-free planting tool
✅ How to use your BloomBox?
❤️ GeekBite BloomBox Indoor Smart Hydroponics Garden
❤️ Contest Giveaway
- Get 1 BloomBox worth $80 for free!
- Contest ends on 15th Nov 11.59pm
- Contestants have to do the below in order to participant
❤️ What to do?
1. Follow GeekBite Facebook Page
2. Tag 3 friends below
3. Like and share this post ?
Giveaway: Get your free BloomBox now
✅ Where to buy GeekBite BloomBox?
As part of our new product launch, take $20 off your BloomBox for our first 10 buyers on Lazada and Shopee.
- Limited to the first 10 buyers, voucher starts 10th Nov, 5.00pm till 15th Nov 11.59pm.
✅ Shopee: Buy now
- Enter code "GEEKBB20" at checkout page Shop Voucher (not Shopee Voucher at Shopping Cart)
✅ Lazada: Buy now
- Claim $20 off voucher at here