The PlayStation 5 (PS5) is without a doubt one of the most sought after next-generation consoles today, but it is very difficult to find one on sale. There will be more consoles to be available over the holidays, but it’s still hard to buy one.
Sony confirmed in a Tweet that it would have more PS5 consoles available at retail stores this holiday season for the US market.
The company acknowledged that demand for the console has been unprecedented but it offered no details as to how many units it will be making available in stores.
Both the PS5 and its fierce rival, the Xbox Series X and S are not widely available right now. Microsoft admitted its latest console would be in short supply well into the first quarter of next year.
The Verge speculates that the reason for the short supply could be because the consoles are difficult to manufacture. It also could be because the companies didn’t plan the sale of the consoles well enough. But one thing is clear, the “unprecedented” demand that Sony is experiencing certainly outweighs the supply they currently have.
Admittedly, the information above may be relevant to the U.S. but it just goes to show how difficult it is to buy the PS5 even in markets where it is officially available. Sony released the PS5 to select markets like the U.S. and Japan on 12 November. The console was available in other markets, including Singapore, on 19 November.
Local availability and pricing
Update: Sony Interactive Entertainment Singapore (SIES) has announced that the PlayStation 5 Digital Edition will retail for S$599, while the PlayStation 5 with Ultra HD Blu-Ray Disc Drive will retail for S$729.
PS5 games will be more expensive as well, as platform exclusive titles from SIE Worldwide Studios will be priced between S$67.90 to S$97.90 at launch. In the same press release, SIES also announced the price for the following accessories that will launch alongside the PS5 console:
Online pre-orders will be available from 18 September, 11am, at the following retailers' website:
How about playing some retro games while waiting for PS5 to restock?
The current Playstation 5 is slated to be out of stock for the next 3 to 6 weeks. This is the same for Xbox X/S as Microsoft is also trying their best to ramp up production for the overwhelming orders they got so far.
While waiting for stocks to come, try playing the GameBox Retro Video Game Console on your TV. It is 50% cheaper than a cost of a PS5 game.
At just $39.99 (after coupon discount below), it will be a interesting and affordable casual home console to curb our urge for PS5 and Xbox X/S now.
✨ What is GameBox
- Play 620 retro games with your loved ones at home now
- Connection via TV RCA cables
1) GeekBite GameBox
- Freebies worth $18
- Free 620 Retro Games
- Free Extra 1 Game Controller
2) Problems without a game console at home
- Bored at home without any activity to do
- Game consoles are too expensive from $300 to $600
- Can't play together with your buddy like last time
- Nothing to do when your guests come visits you
3) How Gamebox lets you play at home with your loved ones
-Latest game console with free 620 games and 2 game controller for less than $50
- 620 games keep you from being bored
- Play with your buddy or loved one happily like the good old times
- Keeps your guests occupied and happy when they visit you
4) Limited time promo for GameBox
1) Freebies below worth $18 - 620 retro and popular games - 1 extra game controller
2) 30% off, usual pricing $60. Now discounted to $49.99
3) Limited to the first 50 sets.
Promotion ending this week
5) Buy now before it ends :)
- Add to cart now
- Use Code "GB10" to get $10 off now
✅ Amazon Kindle Latest Paperwhite 5 or 4 Waterproof + Above Freebies
SGD 169.99 - SGD 285.99
✅ Ledger Authorized Nano X or Nano S Crypto Wallet + Above Freebies
SGD 107.99 - SGD 245.99